Most frequently asked questions about DUI in Georgia
My Case (Start Here)
- Just got arrested – what do I do?
- URGENT – 10 DAY DEADLINE
- Do I really need a lawyer? I know I’m not guilty – why should I have to pay a lawyer when I did nothing wrong.
- Do I really need a lawyer? I know that I am guilty because I had been drinking for several hours before I was arrested. What is the point of trying to defend myself?
- Would I be Making a Mistake if I Go to Court by Myself?
- What do you charge for an initial consultation?
- Will you be able to tell me at our first meeting if I have any defense
- Is it Possible for me to get a Reduced Charge and Avoid a DUI on my Driving Record?
- Obtaining an Alcohol & Drug Evaluation to Help Defend Your Case
- Can I Really Talk to You for Free?
- What is the cost of a typical DUI defense?
- Why Should I Choose You as my Lawyer?
DUI Laws in Georgia (Learn More)
- How Does Georgia Law Define “Driving Under the Influence?”
- What is the Difference between a “Breathalyzer” and the “Intoxilyzer?”
- What if I Refuse a Blood or Breath Test?
- Refusal of Breathalyzer vs. refusal of Intoxilyzer
- What are the consequences of my refusal to perform field sobriety tests?
- What is Georgia’s “implied consent” law?
Arrests in Local Municipalities
Penalties for DUI in Georgia (Know the Law)
- 1st Time DUI Convictions in Georgia
- What are the penalties I’m facing for a first DUI conviction in Georgia?
- My DUI was a “wrong place at wrong time” event – will the prosecutor understand that I’m a good person who just made a mistake?
- Rules for 2nd time DUI arrest
- Rules for more than 3 DUI arrests
- Rules for 4th DUI within 10 Years (Felony DUI)
- Other consequences of a DUI conviction
- Rules for Drivers under age 21 (Zero Tolerance)
License suspensions (Protect Your Right to Drive)
- I was pulled over for a DUI recently and the officer took my license. Can I now drive, or is my license suspended?
- I heard that I must ask for an administrative license suspension hearing after my DUI arrest – what is this and what should I do?
Fighting a DUI based on mistakes by arresting officer (Defend Your Case)
- Did officer properly administer field sobriety tests?
- Did officer have a valid reason to stop me?
- Can I Use a “Miranda warnings” Defense in a Georgia DUI Case?
Court Strategies (Understand the System)
- What will happen at my first court date for my DUI charges?
- Is it true that if the officer doesn’t show, the DUI charge maybe dropped?
- Fighting a DUI Roadblock case
- Do I have a right to demand that the prosecutor turn over all evidence against me?
- How does having the state’s evidence help me?
- Should I fight my DUI in a local court or have it bound over to the main county court?
- Negotiating charge to something less than a DUI
- Arguing that breath test results should be inadmissible
- Is it still possible to plead “nolo?”